Behaviour Support Services
Our NDIS Commission registered behaviour support practitioners provide specialist behaviour supports under the NDIS by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
We provide support on Behaviour Intervention Support (BIS) and Intervention Prevention Response Plans (IPRP).
Our aim is to address any behavioural difficulties that may be impacting a participant's ability to engage successfully with loved ones, support services and the community.
Positive behaviour support includes:
- Person-centred planning – identifying the goals, strengths and needs of the person.
- Including others - who live and work with the person to contribute to the assessment, planning and implementation process, such as family members, carers, support workers, and other professionals.
- Assessment and intervention – a functional behaviour assessment to understand the reason for the behaviour.
- Developing a Positive Behaviour Support Plan (PBSP) – this plan lays out strategies for improving the person's life and addressing any needs. The plan includes prevention, responding to early warning signs and reactive strategies.
- Reducing restrictive practices – restrictive practices are limitations placed on a person to prevent them from harming themselves or others. These practices may affect a participant's rights or freedom. Positive behaviour support aims to reduce or end the use of restrictive practices. This focuses on quality of life and respect for the person's human rights.
- Skill-building – assist in communicating, partake in fun activities and minimise or avoid using challenging behaviour.
- Staff development – educating and training staff to understand how to put support strategies in place.
- Environment changes – changing some parts of the surroundings can help, e.g. removing unwanted noise.
Admire Care works with people to understand the reasons behind behaviours and develops support plans to help them.
Our specialists work with participants, their family members and the support team to develop and implement strategies that work for them.
We have extremely well-trained support workers to understand how to work with participants who require positive behaviour support.
Admire Care delivers Positive Behaviour Support, also known as specialist behaviour intervention support, under the NDIS line item.
The NDIS describes specialist behaviour intervention support as intensive support for a participant, intending to address significantly harmful or persistent behaviours of concern.
Our network support includes NDIS registered Behaviour Support Practitioners, Clinical Psychologists, Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and trained Support Workers who collectively work together in managing and reducing behaviours of concern and restrictive practices.
Admire Care specialises in Intellectual Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Eating Disorders, Comorbidity, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Children and Severe and Persistent Mental Illness.
Contact Us to find out more about our positive behaviour support services today.