Development of Daily Living and Life Skills
Training can be provided either individually or through group activities and can include skills in daily life activities, communication and social skills, problem-solving and managing the funding of support.
Alternatively, if you have a unique skill that you would like to improve, Admire Care will work with you to reach your goal. Our support workers have had exposure to a diverse range of backgrounds and interests.
General Life Skills Development
Our team’s extensive experience within the disability and community sectors has helped us to recognize and appreciate the level of complexity faced by people with a disability when tackling everyday tasks and activities.
This service includes:
- Personal - showering, toileting and personal care
- Meal preparation
- Performing household tasks - cleaning, laundry, maintenance/repairs
- Communicating with service providers and support networks
- Planning and accessing public transport, risk assessment during travel
- Individual life and personal skills development
- Developing problem-solving skills
- Numeracy, literacy and financial management skills development
- Developing numeracy, literacy and financial management skills